The PR and Media Supervisor handles public relations initiatives, such as article seeding, media invites, and coordination with media entities on syndicated releases, features, and interviews. The position is primarily responsible and accountable to the Associate PR Manager and PR & Events Manager who report to the Assistant VP-Marketing. The incumbent should demonstrate initiative and fulfil the job requirements to the highest capability with the goal of advancing the company’s strategic communications and public affairs agenda.
- Assists the PR & Events Manager in formulating the PR strategy, campaign and/or efforts for all Primer stores and brands assigned to them.
- Initiate activities and maintain good working relationships with media reporters, editors, producers, etc.
- Initiates media coverage of the company through news releases, media advisories, product seeding, and other related materials.
- Responds in a timely manner to media inquiries and makes appropriate referrals to the brand/merchandising/operations groups or where applicable.
- Provides support to brand and marketing group for their press, interview and media inquiries.
- Gathers information, conducts research, interviews sources, and coordinates with writers for news releases on required subjects.
- Monitors company events and developments, identifying those with the greatest potential for being picked up by the media.
- Develops and maintains media contacts for news releases.
- Prepares and monitors budget for media gifts and tokens.
- Monitors press articles, TV and online pickups and ensure media mileages are met in a timely manner.
- Graduate of any related course i.e. Marketing, Management, Mass Communications, etc.
- At least two (2) years work experience in the above function in a similar industry.
- Preferably with established media contacts
- Excellent in communication skills, both written and oral.
- Computer literate
- Good interpersonal skills
- Time management
- Willing to work on overtime and weekends for such projects and events.